in north uhmerika.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Glimpses

* I drove up to B.erkeley/SF last weekend with some of the youth from my church and I'm still processing my thoughts. but I took this photo that captures what I was thankful for on that trip: glimpses of the Master's plan. Vision.

* April was a tough month. Looking forward to May. Already been 1.5 years since moving to V-ville. Having looked at my life in 2-years increments, I wonder when I'll examine life in decade-chunks. It fascinates me to trace what God is doing in & around my puny self.

* I stayed up late to watch H.appy F.eet on a sleepless nite this week. I loved it on many levels. m.umble, g.loria & redemptive analogies galore. I keep tapping my fingers on the steering wheel while driving now. this movie had faint echoes of another favorite book: The A.lchemist.

* Quite intrigued by the Rep. presidential debate last nite. convinced that this election must be more than about party politics. thinking about the way David was anointed as king by Samuel, I wonder how God would assess these candidates.

* Spent yesterday morning in court to pay off a speeding ticket and observed the people around me. I was the only Asian face... not unusual in this area. I was amused by the fact that everyone entering/leaving the courthouse looked like they were guilty of something. myself included. Paused to reflect on how we're all "guilty" of sin in God's courtroom yet we're pardoned b/c he looks at the Christ in us. Wished I could have been pardoned of this speeding ticket but I did wrong. so I pay for wrong. learning to be thankful for the literal rebuke.

____________________________________________

from some recent readings:

Do something. Many times Christians sit around "waiting on God," to reveal some minute detail of His plan for their lives, when in reality God is waiting on Christians to get on living their lives for Him. God's Word contains innumerable instructions on how we should live out our lives, bearing the name of Jesus and indwelled with the Holy Spirit. Yet we get so caught up on me, what does God want me to do? Who does God want me to marry? Where does God want me to work? We lose sight of the reality that it really isn't about me at all. It is about God.

"Failure is inevitable. But it will be amazing."