in north uhmerika.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

this is a first...

I'm updating this from within my car. Because I have no internet access from my new place, I drove around looking for free wifi. so here I am, parked a few miles off the main highway at a random motel in the high desert. God provides in weird ways. :)

so far I really like it here... today was my day of exploration:

- woke up for a morning run to see the area on foot. promptly got lost in my own neighborhood. found myself in the middle of desert shrubs wondering if an asian man can make the evening news for freezing to death wandering in the desert 3 miles from his own house. eventually, I saw a familiar street and returned home after 2 hours. next time: study map.

- found a farmer's market. overall, my initial impressions are that these are good, wholesome people. on that note, ppl here seem abnormally big... maybe too much fast food. stopped by the W.alMart and saw an another slice of the population here. I feel like I've stepped into a small midwest town... i'm definitely a minority. we'll see what He has in store here.

- note to self: need to buy some tools. yesterday had heckuva time assembling furniture with itty bitty screwdriver. even tried hammering in things w/ itty bitty screwdriver. might as well have used my forehead.

- last night, i went to bed sometime around 9pm. wonder if that'll become a habit since it's so quiet here and there's not much to do after dinner except to read and pray. currently living in a large house w/ no housemates... might need to find some friends soon as i began talking angrily to my alarm clock this morning.

fact of the day: my new place of residence is so new that g.oogle maps doesn't recognize it. I live in space.