in north uhmerika.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

askew

lately I've been thinking about my theology: how I view God... since that colors the way I view others and even myself. I kept thinking about having that childlike (vs. childish) perspective and remembered these well-intentioned yet sometimes skewed insights:

"Dear God, Thank you for the baby brother but what I prayed for was a puppy." -Joyce

"Dear God, please put a-nother Holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing good in there now." -Ginny

"Dear God, I am Amearican. What are you?" -Robert

"Dear God, I went to this wedding and they kissed right in church. Is that ok?" - Neil

"Dear God, Instead of letting people die and haveing to make new ones why don't you just keep the ones you got now?" -Jane

"Dear God, Please send Dennis Clark to a different camp this year." -Peter

"Dear God, If you give me a genie lamp like Alladin I will give you anything want except my money or my chess set." -Raphael (& K.ee)

-please pray for kids like Raphael and myself... except I have problems with holding back on bigger issues than chess sets. more on this in the next entry.

Listen carefully: Unless a grain of wheat is buried in the ground, dead to the world, it is never any more than a grain of wheat. But if it is buried, it sprouts and reproduces itself many times over. In the same way, anyone who holds on to life just as it is destroys that life. But if you let it go, reckless in your love, you'll have it forever, real and eternal.